Saturday, July 11, 2009

Levy


...for plastic bags. Yup, since a few days ago the government at my end implemented plastic bag surcharge in order to save the environment. It's a really nice initiative to finally do something together as a society to be 'greener'.
At 50 cents a bag, I said to myself, "what a rip! you won't catch me buying one!" however, today inevitably I had to buy 2. sigh... stupid I didn't bring shopping bags out. Thing is, I had no intention of going grocery shopping, so why would I think to take a green bag with me? (side note: Can't believe I went impulse grocery shopping)
I think it's gonna take me a while to get used to this. Oh, and now I have to buy plastic bags to line my bins too. So in a way, I AM paying for plastic bags still...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment